It’s Thursday Threatcon, your intelligence briefing on right wing activity. Below are the best reports, investigations, exposées, and debunkery of the wingnutosphere this week. Due to Sony’s surrender to the heckler’s veto of North Korean hackers, our Threatcon Color Code is PASTEBIN WHITE
- Sean Hannity’s favorite “eyewitness” to former police officer Darren Wilson’s shooting of Michael Brown turns out to be a self-admitted racist with severe memory loss and a felony record
- The American economy is recovering, but all the income gains are going to the top 1% and the middle class is a shell of its former self
- Hate socialism? Here are ten ways that religious groups freeload off the American taxpayer
- A white supremacist in Washington state reportedly killed a black man before being gunned down by police yesterday
- Yes, the GOP is becoming the pro-torture party. Yes, Dick Cheney’s story doesn’t add up, and he’s still hiding behind myths about torture. But progressives had better recognize that the American public also still believes those myths, and that the net effect of progressives trying to pin the issue on President Obama will be to return the actual torturers to power
- Step one: flood America with high-powered weaponry and condition reactionaries to arm themselves against the police. Step two: justify police armored vehicles because right wing nutjobs have so much weaponry. Step three: profit!
- Former congressman and Koch ‘think tank’ CEO Allen West has been caught plagiarizing at least six paragraphs, including typos, from a viral internet conspiracy theory for a piece on his website
- Gone in sixty seconds: everything you need to know to tell climate deniers how they are helping to kill us all
- Thankfully, Darrell Issa is no longer in charge of the House Oversight Committee. But do you remember how he used to defend missing emails until he was on a crusade against Lois Lerner?
- German extremists are sparking large anti-immigration protests
- A federal civil rights lawsuit aims to take down Wisconsin’s law that puts pregnant women in jail. Such laws are supposed to discourage drug use, but actually tend to prevent women from getting needed care
- It’s not just New York: ‘stop and frisk’ is a nationwide phenomenon
- The return of “legitimate rape:” Missouri state lawmaker Rick Bratton has proposed a bill that would require notarized consent from the father before an abortion can be performed, even if the sperm-provider is physically abusive. Rape victims would have to prove their assaults happened in order to be exempt (click here for an example of what that means)
- Only 1% of Fox News viewers are black. I’ll let you take a minute to get over that surprise
- The Koch brothers want to teach North Carolina high school students that ‘property rights’ are awesome and civil rights are overrated
- The Bob Riley political machine is reportedly ‘working the refs‘ to try and get out from under a Lee County, Alabama grand jury investigation into their dark money activities
- ‘Oath keeper’ and ‘sovereign citizen’ Brandon Gibbs was arrested for threatening a city worker and possession of narcotics by Gonzalez, Louisiana police last Friday. Despite the fact that he wore body armor, a Kevlar helmet with face-shield, and a knife strapped to his chest, police managed to take him down without lethal force
- The Ku Klux Klan is recruiting military veterans
- Michigan ‘sovereign citizen’ William Kemp has changed his mind about representing himself against felony charges of domestic violence and felony weapon possession
- The polygamous cult once led by imprisoned child sex abuser Warren Jeffs is building huge tents to host members of the Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints who get evicted from their cheap housing
- Chuck Norris becomes a joke: he’s become one of those ‘non-cognitive elites’ who endorse the homophobic National Organization for Marriage
- White supremacist Christopher Paul Mason of Phoenix, Arizona has been arrested for the ax murder of a fellow racist
- “Second Amendment remedies:” a crowd of several hundred people turned out at the state capitol in Olympia, Washington last Saturday to threaten violence against the state because they don’t like the gun regulation referendum that voters approved in November
- White nationalist Roan Garcia-Quintana of the Council of Conservative Citizens is scheduled to speak to the South Carolina Tea Party Convention in January
- The fossilized corpse of Phyllis Schlafly is apologizing for college rapists at birther site World Net Daily
- The gay-bashing religious right is crushing hard on Vladimir Putin
North Korea has just made people want to watch the movie more. Here I thought it would be something people might Netflix but a lot of people I know are peeved that it came this far so that now no one can go see it.
For a few minutes the other night, it was the most amazing movie marketing campaign ever. I didn’t want to see this movie UNTIL ‘Lil Kim’ started threatening me if I did; now I consider it my patriotic duty to go see the film, but Sony’s yanked it like Lucy’s football.
I thought the same thing when this all happened. Even though North Korea says they had no involvement in the attack, you just know it was them. I am glad that Sony took a stand and decided to release the movie, even though it is only available online for now.